A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

Maximilien
Website Manager
Website Manager
Topic Author

Custom Map 6 (Borodino)

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Maximilien
Website Manager
Website Manager
Topic Author

Re: Custom Map 6 (La Moskowa)

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Nothing much to say regarding this map. It was supposed to represent one of Bagration's arrows at Borodino. It's not really beautiful but the very different gameplay make it one of the best maps imo. I would consider a complete rework just for the sake of change.

Dr.Dimples
Game Admin
Game Admin

Re: Custom Map 6 (Borodino)

Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:43 pm

It seems many people either hate this map or it's their absolute favorite. Most comments from people that hate this map seem to be centered around that fact that many players go infantry as attacker rather than cav and it makes it quite hard to win. And the only thing wonky about the map are its edges :P

Ajay Ghale
Trial Admin
Trial Admin

Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:45 pm

To be honest. I would like it if we could have at least 2 or 3 more cavalry maps like this since this map is one of my favorites

NOPE

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:57 pm

I have a suggestion: Set cav limit for defenders on this map to zero. Because as it is now, more than half the attacking team is chasing the handful of defender cav around the field and never get to charge the flag. It makes it boring for attackers, since the few that actually charge the defender positions are completely outnumbered and easily swarmed and it's boring for all the non-cav defenders as well, since almost no attackers ever get to them. It really is a shame since the concept of waves of attacking cav crushing into entrenched defenders is a refreshing change from all the other infantry-only maps.
Last edited by NOPE on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maximilien
Website Manager
Website Manager
Topic Author

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:01 pm

The main problem is that the changes made to the map have greatly unbalanced it, and now it's very hard for attackers to win.