A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

Bushdid7/11
Topic Author

TheQuickOne's unfair ban complaint

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:21 pm

FILL THE FORM BELOW. ALL INFORMATIONS ARE MANDATORY. FOR YOUR COMPLAINT TO BE EXAMINED, YOU NEED TO FILL OUT THE DISPLAYED FORM THOROUGHLY WITH THE CORRECT INFORMATION.
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU WRITE A SERIOUS AND MATURE COMPLAINT IN PROPER ENGLISH.

--------------------------
Your in-game name: bushdid7/11
Your GUID:1210704
Your Steam URL:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079534709/
Name of the admin: TheQuickOne
What happened:i was playing on the server and because i am a very "social" person, i began interacting with the other players, i believe when i first entered the topic of conversation was about the popular meme "remove kebab" some people were talking about it for some reason... i sarcastically asked since when we did not remove kebab, this isn't the reason i was banned.I was typing at a normal pace, and talking to other players, one thing led to another and we ended up talking about the "controversial" no racism, no ideologies rules your server has. Then i hadn't typed for some 30 seconds, only one person was, his in game name was "Neumann" i think. Then the admin in question "TheQuickOne" said in admin chat to stop spamming global chat, then a couple of players were a bit confused, as i was, then i remarked that the only one that was spamming was Neumann, and i was banned... it was only a temp ban, but i do believe it was an unjust and inappropriate punishment, if you wanted me to stop talking about the rules TheQuickOne, you could have just simply told me... none of this "If you don't like it leave" type of thing, that only hints that you wanted me to stop... just wanted to put it out there... 
When did this happen: this happened around 18:03 GMT
Proof (Screenshot, witness, logs): i believe i have a couple of witnesses, one being caytlin jenner, Fuck You M8( in game names) and a couple of others (the ones that were actively talking at that time) i would add logs, but i'm too stupid to find the insert image/file thing
Additional comments: I don't want anything too extreme, just for someone too talk to this admin and tell him he can't just ban people for no actual reason just because i was talking about a topic (which is completely by the rules) that made him uncomfortable
--------------------------

[33rd]Ulrich
Game Admin
Game Admin

Re: TheQuickOne's unfair ban complaint

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:52 pm

Hello,

The admin QuickOne warned everyone in the server for spam in the chat. Same stoped, same dont. And you got temp banned from me, because you decided to continue the spam in the chat.

Here is part of your chat: 

19:45:04 - [bush_did_711] wait are we removing kebab now? 
19:45:33 - [bush_did_711] i mean i dnon't know the admin said it 
19:45:50 - [bush_did_711] but are we removing kebab? 
19:46:19 - [bush_did_711] wow you people are boring 
19:46:36 - [bush_did_711] since when do we not remove kebab? 
19:46:48 - [bush_did_711] not being racist 
19:46:51 - [bush_did_711] just asking 
19:46:58 - *SPEC* [bush_did_711] out of curiosity 
19:49:45 - [bush_did_711] lol this isn't a politically correct game 
19:49:52 - [bush_did_711] this server is 
19:50:02 - [bush_did_711] which is kinda stupid in my most humble opinion 
19:50:12 - [bush_did_711] but what do i know? 
19:50:16 - [bush_did_711] and? 
19:52:20 - [bush_did_711] i understand the spamming concern 
19:52:22 - [bush_did_711] but who cares? 
19:53:56 - [bush_did_711] only the conductor kid 
19:53:57 - [bush_did_711] was 
19:54:02 - [bush_did_711] lol what spamming? 

Also, for racism/trolling, you may get perm banned next time. Please read the server rules.

Have a nice day.
All life's problems can be solved with a bayonet charge.

Bethrezen
Game Admin
Game Admin

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:29 pm

This is a game.
The game has a chat.
The chat is usually used for communicating in and between the two teams that are playing against each other. The content of the chat is usually game related.
Then there are those guys who log in just to "debate". Some don't even play the game, they hide behind a tree or wall and start spamming the chat. No other players from the, sometimes, 130 people, can use the chat any longer. You can't even say "let's attack the back door", since 2-3 spammers have to "debate" this and that. Also, these "debates" almost always lead to racist, fascist, extremist commentaries, just like the example where you "sarcastically" said what you said.
Why do you care if this is a politically correct server or not? Did you not come here to play?

Also, don't make threats, even in joking:

21:15:01 - [bush_did_711] i will ddos the whole server plz trll
21:15:29 - [1stEB_Mrks_Bethrezen] say that again and you get perm
21:15:33 - [bush_did_711] me
21:15:34 - [bush_did_711] oh
21:15:37 - [bush_did_711] that was a joke

Bushdid7/11
Topic Author

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:32 pm

[33rd]Ulrich wrote:
Hello,

The admin QuickOne warned everyone in the server for spam in the chat. Same stoped, same dont. And you got temp banned from me, because you decided to continue the spam in the chat.

Here is part of your chat: 

19:45:04 - [bush_did_711] wait are we removing kebab now? 
19:45:33 - [bush_did_711] i mean i dnon't know the admin said it 
19:45:50 - [bush_did_711] but are we removing kebab? 
19:46:19 - [bush_did_711] wow you people are boring 
19:46:36 - [bush_did_711] since when do we not remove kebab? 
19:46:48 - [bush_did_711] not being racist 
19:46:51 - [bush_did_711] just asking 
19:46:58 - *SPEC* [bush_did_711] out of curiosity 
19:49:45 - [bush_did_711] lol this isn't a politically correct game 
19:49:52 - [bush_did_711] this server is 
19:50:02 - [bush_did_711] which is kinda stupid in my most humble opinion 
19:50:12 - [bush_did_711] but what do i know? 
19:50:16 - [bush_did_711] and? 
19:52:20 - [bush_did_711] i understand the spamming concern 
19:52:22 - [bush_did_711] but who cares? 
19:53:56 - [bush_did_711] only the conductor kid 
19:53:57 - [bush_did_711] was 
19:54:02 - [bush_did_711] lol what spamming? 

Also, for racism/trolling, you may get perm banned next time. Please read the server rules.

Have a nice day.

ispam
[size=150]spam/
verb
[color=#878787]gerund or present participle: spamming
[/size][/color]
  1. send the same message indiscriminately to (a large number of Internet users). this is the literal definition for spamming, which if you look at the logs, that doesn't actually meet the definition of spammng, i was just having a conversation, and rather then use a massive wall of text, i separated what i was going to say into several messages, i think that hardly constitutes as spamming. And where's the evidence that i was trolling? Mayhaps i was a bit too "edgy" in chat... but that hardly constitutes as racism. Also if you look at the timestamps some of my messages were close together, but that's it, only 3 or 4 messages were typed during the same 30 seconds, then they were at least one or two minutes apart.  And no one warned me of anything, not until a bit before 19:53:56 (i'm assuming) then i sent 3 messages, that's not spamming, also i only sent 18 chat messages over the course of 10 minutes, still think the ban was unjustified. I may be wasting my time here... but i have nothing better to do. I also hope you have a nice day, thank you. also i may be being a bit rude but *some *didn't *stopped and its by me not from me. 

Bushdid7/11
Topic Author

Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:38 pm

Bethrezen wrote:
This is a game.
The game has a chat.
The chat is usually used for communicating in and between the two teams that are playing against each other. The content of the chat is usually game related.
Then there are those guys who log in just to "debate". Some don't even play the game, they hide behind a tree or wall and start spamming the chat. No other players from the, sometimes, 130 people, can use the chat any longer. You can't even say "let's attack the back door", since 2-3 spammers have to "debate" this and that. Also, these "debates" almost always lead to racist, fascist, extremist commentaries, just like the example where you "sarcastically" said what you said.
Why do you care if this is a politically correct server or not? Did you not come here to play?

Also, don't make threats, even in joking:

21:15:01 - [bush_did_711] i will ddos the whole server plz trll
21:15:29 - [1stEB_Mrks_Bethrezen] say that again and you get perm
21:15:33 - [bush_did_711] me
21:15:34 - [bush_did_711] oh
21:15:37 - [bush_did_711] that was a joke

I do see your point, and i concede some people go there intentionally to do that... but i wasn't hiding behind a tree, or spamming, and if you check the server rules there is nothing that specifically states that we can only use the chat to communicate with our team, also even if what i was talking about wasn't game related, i assure you there were plenty of other people "spamming" in chat about non game related things. Btw i think you're over exaggerating my "threat" way too much, but that's not the point i'm trying to make here. And i was playing the game, the game has a chat for a reason, while i was playing, i sent messages.   

BearlyHuman
Minisiege Head Admin
Minisiege Head Admin

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:15 pm

As your ban was only a temporary ban (1 hour in length), you will be able to rejoin the server. As for the severity of your punishment, admins may ban one person for spamming as an example and warning to others doing the same in order to hopefully avoid banning a large group of people. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but in this instance it did.

Bushdid7/11
Topic Author

Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:10 pm

BearlyHuman wrote:
As your ban was only a temporary ban (1 hour in length), you will be able to rejoin the server. As for the severity of your punishment, admins may ban one person for spamming as an example and warning to others doing the same in order to hopefully avoid banning a large group of people. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but in this instance it did.

i do understand making an example of someone, but i was completely innocent... i wasn't spamming. they could have made an example of someone else that was spamming e.g Neumann.... or whatever his name was. The punishment was completely unjustified. 

Bushdid7/11
Topic Author

Wed May 03, 2017 4:55 pm

well i guess this whole thing is over... but i still think you guys are wrong