A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

Dr.Dimples
Game Admin
Game Admin

Re: Map Making Questions and Discussions

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:07 pm

Dr.Dimples wrote:

I think this thread will help with your questions until futui gets spare time. It's basically someone in the same position as you. 
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=696

Futui said in that thread:

"We can not use mm_stakes mm_stakes_destructible | mm_plank_construct_dummy"

Also if you haven't already make sure to read all of Maximilien's guides about map weight and stuff:
viewforum.php?f=30

Best of luck, I'm not a map maker but I would be more than happy to do whatever I can to help test the map out as a player.

Ah that answers my questions however I still need to know how to host a server locally. 
Just to understand fully, do you mean host it so others can join too, or just host it locally so you can edit/create the map?

Ajay Ghale
Game Admin
Game Admin
Topic Author

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:09 pm

Dr.Dimples wrote:

I think this thread will help with your questions until futui gets spare time. It's basically someone in the same position as you. 
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=696

Futui said in that thread:

"We can not use mm_stakes mm_stakes_destructible | mm_plank_construct_dummy"

Also if you haven't already make sure to read all of Maximilien's guides about map weight and stuff:
viewforum.php?f=30

Best of luck, I'm not a map maker but I would be more than happy to do whatever I can to help test the map out as a player.

Ah that answers my questions however I still need to know how to host a server locally. 

Just to understand fully, do you mean host it so others can join too, or just host it locally so you can edit/create the map?

Just hosting it locally so I can edit/create a map. However I don't know if their is a fine for doing this though.

Dr.Dimples
Game Admin
Game Admin

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:14 pm

In that case I think all you need to do is follow what this guy says in the thread takeout linked, he says it near the top:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=228008.0

But let me know if this isn't what u mean.

"How do I get into the editor? 

In your configure panel when you start up the game go into the Video tab and make sure 'Start Windowed' is ticked. Then go into the 'Advanced' tab and enable 'Edit Mode'
 (click to show/hide)

Go into multiplayer and host game. Under 'Game Type' you want 'Scene Editing'. You then proceed to select a map. I'd recommend choosing one of the 20 custom maps at the end of the map list. If you're going to edit an already made map, as far as I know, you need to back that scn file up. Go into your Warband directory>Modules>Napoleonic Wars>SceneObj.

Find the official map and make a copy. What I did was add '(real)' to the end of the name so I wouldn't forget. 

So now you have custom_map_ selected, click Start Map."

Dr.Dimples
Game Admin
Game Admin

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:25 pm

Also I found a tutorial on youtube showing how to do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UyZgoyAPwg

Ajay Ghale
Game Admin
Game Admin
Topic Author

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:25 pm

In that case I think all you need to do is follow what this guy says in the thread takeout linked, he says it near the top:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=228008.0

But let me know if this isn't what u mean.

"How do I get into the editor? 

In your configure panel when you start up the game go into the Video tab and make sure 'Start Windowed' is ticked. Then go into the 'Advanced' tab and enable 'Edit Mode'
 (click to show/hide)

Go into multiplayer and host game. Under 'Game Type' you want 'Scene Editing'. You then proceed to select a map. I'd recommend choosing one of the 20 custom maps at the end of the map list. If you're going to edit an already made map, as far as I know, you need to back that scn file up. Go into your Warband directory>Modules>Napoleonic Wars>SceneObj.

Find the official map and make a copy. What I did was add '(real)' to the end of the name so I wouldn't forget. 

So now you have custom_map_ selected, click Start Map."
Oh. Okay, I missed that. I do know how to do that. However I do not know I need to pay if I am just hosting a server locally. The reason why I bring this up is because read these quotes:

Awestone (Edward):
Thanks for the link! I will make good use from this.

This then leads me to my second question. Isn't their a fee or something that costs money to host a server or no? The reason why I asked is because I never hosted a server before. And if a server wants to be active 24/7, they need to pay a fine for it. That is my guess, I am not sure though.

Takeout:
To host a Server you will need to pay unfortunately, this is from experience as I, myself, own my own server on NW. There might be someways around it tho if other Owners put there opinions on this post.

Takeout

Edward:
Really? Even if I was alone making a map? That is just stupid. And how do I rotate objects in editor?

Takeout, I think it is because your server is up 24/7. I am not sure though.

Plus I don't even have my own server.

Caesim wrote:
Just host locally...

Dr.Dimples
Game Admin
Game Admin

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:28 pm

Nope he just means you need to pay if you want to host a server NOT locally. As in Minisiege has to pay a dedicated server company like "www.host.ag" to host the server for us because our normal computers can't handle it.

Ajay Ghale
Game Admin
Game Admin
Topic Author

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:31 pm

Nope he just means you need to pay if you want to host a server NOT locally. As in Minisiege has to pay a dedicated server company like "www.host.ag" to host the server for us because our normal computers can't handle it.

Oh. Okay that finally answers all my questions hopefully. Thank you! :)

Ajay Ghale
Game Admin
Game Admin
Topic Author

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:50 am

Hello again! I am wondering if someone can give me the list of walls that are considered destructible and walls that are not. I am at the point that I am almost finished with spawn for attackers. Now I need to build up the defenses for defenders. Thank you!

77y_Kruse!!!
Minisiege Map Manager
Minisiege Map Manager

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:13 pm

Spawn a Wall you think is destructible, exit edit mode, spawn rocket launcher, shoot the wall = You now know if its destructible or not

your welcome :)

Ajay Ghale
Game Admin
Game Admin
Topic Author

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:07 am

77y_Kruse!!!

Spawn a Wall you think is destructible, exit edit mode, spawn rocket launcher, shoot the wall = You now know if its destructible or not

your welcome :)

LOL. I will go try that then. However I do not know how to spawn in a rocket launcher. Can someone give me the commands for that?

And for my map so far. It will be a 3 part map. Very similar to fort DeCharles or whatever the map name is. Which is a 2 part map.