A community website for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars.

Keep the Angle script or remove it.

Keep Angle Script
15 (79%)
Remove Angle Script
4 (21%)

Total votes: 19

MnB_ExpS_g0ldenroman

Re: Sapper Angle Script

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:06 pm

I would say remove the script.
Ramps are a valuable feature, at least on some maps. E.g. the round fort is nearly impossible to win as attacker without a ramp ( two bottlenecks (tunnel entrance and ladder) that can theoretically be defended by 2 persons).
Furthermore, competent defenders will normally shoot the sappers before any meaningful ramp is finished, or destroy ramps in suicide charges. Thus, I believe that ramps can also add dynamics during a game.
"You aren't good, until you are an Expert"

Ajay Ghale
Game Admin
Game Admin

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:23 pm

I see that you want to murder one more map. At least wait and see, for you haven't tested the map without the ramp yet. It was pretty much balanced before the ramps were "invented", but that was when there were much fewer players. Also think that adding more ways in will make the map impossible to defend when there are few players.
I agree to this don't destroy maps that are already balanced.

I would say remove the script.
Ramps are a valuable feature, at least on some maps. E.g. the round fort is nearly impossible to win as attacker without a ramp ( two bottlenecks (tunnel entrance and ladder) that can theoretically be defended by 2 persons).
Furthermore, competent defenders will normally shoot the sappers before any meaningful ramp is finished, or destroy ramps in suicide charges. Thus, I believe that ramps can also add dynamics during a game.
This can be one example of a map that is damaged.

I know that there were recent updates to this map however this map is awful for attackers to win along with the cavalry map.

Quote from Muckknuckle on February 19, 2016:

"3: Round fort

Perhaps the shittiest map on the server. There is just one boring ladder to get up and one tunnel to dig out. As soon as the first wall is surpassed the defenders are fucked because they spawn in enemy-held territory. The secure spawn rooms don't help at all, because the only way to exit them to fight is to go through doors and appear suddenly in enemy territory, where 90% of the time you will be immediately bayoneted by the three attackers waiting at the door. I can't quite remember if there's a mortar for the attackers or not but either way the arty game is sorely lacking."
That quote is what I agree with, there should be a ramp on this map because right now there are 2 entrances and they cause bottlenecks every single time.

Maximilien
Website Manager
Website Manager

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:38 pm

It's true that since the update and addition of anti-ramp scripts map_3 is completely biased toward defenders. However that wasn't the case before as quite often attackers would build a ramp and defenders would lose.

There is a pending update on Map 3 that adds a second ladder next to the first one, that will be under the balconies so far less exposed to fire. Some defenses were also added for defenders in this area. This update should make it very much harder for defenders.

MnB_ExpS_g0ldenroman

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:56 am

There is a pending update on Map 3 that adds a second ladder next to the first one, that will be under the balconies so far less exposed to fire. Some defenses were also added for defenders in this area. This update should make it very much harder for defenders.
That's good to hear. I am looking forward to it!
"You aren't good, until you are an Expert"